Consulting to Support Applications for "CASBEE for Urban Development" Certification
About CASBEE for Urban Development
- CASBEE® (Comprehensive Assessment System for Built Environment Efficiency) is a system for evaluating the environmental performance of buildings and urban development, which is being developed and promoted in Japan under the leadership of the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism. It is comprised of tools, such as CASBEE for Buildings and CASBEE for Real Estate.
- Among CASBEE®’s various tools, CASBEE for Urban Development is an environmental performance evaluation for assessing the overall development of housing and commercial areas (urban development).
- It evaluates environmental quality from the three aspects of the environment, society, and the economy as well as reduction in the environmental footprint.
- It consists of evaluation items that help show initiatives related to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and environmental, social, and governance (ESG) issues.
- SuMi TRUST Bank carries out environmental performance evaluations using CASBEE for Urban Development, and offers support services such as certification application advisory and review handling services.
Case Study B
LIST GARDEN nococo-town
- In July 2018, LIST GARDEN nococo-town, a large eco-town in Totsuka, Yokohama City, became the first ever recipient of the highest rank certification ("S" rank) for CASBEE for Urban Development.
- CASBEE for Urban Development’s certification results are made public. They are introduced in mediums such as magazines and exhibited in model rooms, and help show that the eco-town offers quality housing, promotes the neighborhood’s vitalization, and proactively contributes to the local community.