Construction-Phase Support for Environmental Considerations
- The first bank in Japan to develop a land trust product in the 1980s, SuMi TRUST Bank has been involved in managing and developing many buildings and condominiums, and it provides construction consulting services based on knowhow from such projects.
- We offer advice relating to factoring in environmental considerations in our menu of construction consulting services such as on the installation of energy-saving systems in buildings, ways to take into account landscapes and ecosystems, extension of building life spans, and adoption of recycling systems.
Examples: Construction-phase support for environmental considerations
|Company Name||Location||Use||Number of Floors||Floor Area||Target Rank|
|Clarion||Saitama Prefecture||Headquarters office and research center||10 floors above ground, 1 rooftop floor||Approx. 19,000m2||A (certification completed)|
|Chuo Labour Bank||Tokyo||Central branch||1 basement floor, 9 floors above ground, 2 rooftop floors||Approx. 6,000m2||A (self-evaluation)|
|Kanagawa Prefecture||Office||1 basement floor, 7 floors above ground, 1 rooftop floor||Approx. 10,000m2||B+ (notification)|
|AEON MALL||Tokyo||Commercial facility||5 floors above ground||Approx. 150,000m2||A (certification completed)|
|FUJI||Ehime Prefecture||Commercial facility||3 floors above ground||Approx. 140,000m2||B+ (certification completed)|
|Ito-Yokado||Kanagawa Prefecture||Commercial facility||4 floors above ground||Approx. 29,000m2||B+ (notification)|
|Toyo Seikan Group Holdings||Tokyo||Office*1||2 basement floors, 21 floors above ground, 1 rooftop floor||Approx. 72,400m2||S (certification completed)|
|Daikin Industries||Osaka Prefecture||Office, R&D facility*1||1 basement floor, 6 floors above ground||Approx. 48,000m2||S (self-evaluation)|
|Hiroshima Mazda||Hiroshima Prefecture||Office, observation deck, product sales and dining facilities*1||2 basement floors, 14 floors above ground||Approx. 11,500m2||A (notification)|
|Anritsu||Kanagawa Prefecture||Office*2||7 floors above ground||Approx. 28,000m2||S (self-evaluation)|
|Shimane Bank||Shimane Prefecture||Central branch*1||1 basement floor, 13 floors above ground||Approx. 12,000m2||S (self-evaluation)|
- *1Selected for the MLIT-led "leading projects" program for sustainable buildings.
- *2Selected for the METI-led "net zero energy building" experimental pilot program.
As interest in environmental issues has grown, so has the number of properties applying for CASBEE® certification* or providing notification of self-evaluation in the past several years. In addition, some projects have been selected by the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism (MLIT) for the "leading projects" program for sustainable buildings and by the Ministry of Economy, Trade, and Industry (METI) for the "net zero energy building" experimental pilot program.
*The comprehensive assessment system for built environment efficiency (CASBEE) certification is an environmental performance evaluation system for buildings being developed and promoted in Japan under the guidance of MLIT.
Case Study C
HIROSHIMA ORIZURU TOWER
Situated adjacent to the Atomic Bomb Dome (Hiroshima Peace Memorial), this office building underwent full-scale renovations. The existing framework was reused and the building enlarged to accommodate a higher level of earthquake resistance. A large canopy, louvers, and a "spiral slope" walking ramp were also built into the newly expanded sections. The building reduces its CO2 footprint by utilizing various energy-saving features, including solar shading and cross ventilation. Visitors to the building can access the HIROSHIMA HILL observation deck under the giant canopy on the roof, enjoy numerous activities in ORIZURU Square, and learn about its CO2 reduction initiatives.
The ORIZURU TOWER was selected for the MLIT’s leading projects program for promoting CO2 reduction in housing and buildings.
Business Lineup for Environmentally Friendly Property
- Consulting to Support Applications for "CASBEE for Real Estate" Certification
- Consulting to Support Applications for "CASBEE for Urban Development" Certification
- Construction-Phase Support for Environmental Considerations
- Making the Value of Smart Towns and Cities Visible, Supporting Concept Formulation